Darkling

1/16/2008 07:30:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

My pregnancy is going well. I am supposed to go in for a biopsy next week on the mass. Sorry if I am quiet lately around blogland. I am reading your posts, just not always commenting. This is the end of the grading period so all of our grades are due this week. So I will see you around, thank for coming. :)

Darkling (Sisters of the Moon, Book 3)Darkling (Sisters of the Moon Book 3) by Yasmine Galenorn
The D'Artigo sisters, Camille, Delilah, and Menolly, are half-human, half- Fae operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. When humans begin to go missing, then turn up as newly born vampires, Menolly- an acrobat extraordinaire-turned-vampire- must face the demons haunting her memories.

This is the third in the series. I thought it was going to be a trilogy, but I was wrong. The first two books are Witchling and Changeling. This book was not exactly what I was expecting. It was good just not what I was expecting. I forgot about her quote on her site that said that these books are actually urban fantasy not necessarily romance. The biggest thing that threw me for a loop was that fact that Menolly was bi. After thinking about it I vaguely remember that from the other books but totally forgot. So if that totally turns you off you will need to skip a page or two. The sex scenes were not totally descriptive but they were not closed door either. All of the books are in first person which I know also turns some people off. Each book is told from a different sister's perspective. I like the series but I do not think that they are ones that I am going to collect. At this moment I will get them from the library. If the library stops getting them, then I will re-evaluate.

Labels: , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous on 1/17/2008 8:18 AM

I was surprised how much I enjoyed the first two books-- they don't even sound like something I should like. But I have to admit that I wasn't looking forward to Menolly's story just because I never particularly cared for her character. I haven't got around to picking this 3rd one up yet and it doesn't sound like I should be in any hurry to get it.

I didn't realize that she was writing more than the 3 books either.

Comment by nath on 1/17/2008 9:35 AM

If these were urban fantasy more, then they shouldn't be shelved in romance. i read the first one and gave up on it. I didn't really like it at all. So I'm going to try to avoid it.

If it's not a trilogy, will she be introducing new characters as heroines for the next books?

Comment by Kris on 1/17/2008 5:16 PM

Hi QB,
THe book was not bad just not what I was expecting. It did forward the story and introduced some new characters.
The next book is called Dragon Wytch.

Hey nath,
the next book is told from Camille's POV. She says on her site that she had no control over what they labeled it, that was the choice of the publisher because of some of the material.

Post a Comment