Bond of Fire

1/16/2008 07:05:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Bond of Fire (Texas Vampires, Book 2)Bond of Fire (Texas Vampires Book 2) by Diane Whiteside

Ever since they saw each other across a glittering ballroom centuries ago, Jean-Marie St. Just and Hélène d’Agelet have loved each other. Yet no matter how passionate their attachment, it’s always been blocked by demands of duty and honor that neither can break. Jean-Marie, conceived for profit then tormented for decades before being saved by the vampire knight Don Rafael, would rather die than betray the only family he’s ever known. Hélène, firestarter and British secret agent, longs to regain a simpler life, while always haunted by an unsettled legacy of family ghosts and eternal evil.
Now Jean-Marie and Hélène face each other over something far stronger than ancient ecstasies: Jean-Marie is determined to kill Hélène’s sister, Madame Celeste – the vampire Queen of New Orleans – before she can destroy Jean-Marie’s family.
But for Hélène, that means choosing between the love of her life—or murdering her own flesh-and-blood…


I like this cover, it is very 1920s to me. This book is unique in that I can safely say that it is both historical and contemporary. the first half of the book takes place in the late 1700s during the time of the French Revolution. That is when our Hero and Heroine first meet.
I would say that you is a big help is you read the Bond of Blood (which I read during my internet leave) before this one. There is another book in the series called The Hunter's Prey but it is not really necessary for the storyline. It is more an added bonus if you know the characters. The book is a series of erotic encounters that the various main characters have (not really with each other but with mortals they are feeding on). So if you want short steamy erotic vampire encounters that is good.
Okay, now back to the book.
I enjoyed it, there was a lot of story to it that got you trying to figure out how it was going to end. Ms Whiteside has a unique voice. I love her Devil series, but I am not sure if I am totally sold on this series.

Labels: , ,

1 comments:

Anonymous on 1/17/2008 8:22 AM

I tried this series, too and they just don't really work for me either. They SOUND like they should, but I just can't connect with them.

Post a Comment