North and South and Robin Hood

1/11/2008 10:49:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

North & South Well, I have succumbed to the North and South movie. I finally got to finish it tonight. I loved it. I would say if you enjoy Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice then you will love this one as well. The storyline was excellent, it was about 4 hours long but it kept you interested and was very well written. You cared about the characters and wanted to see the outcome of the story. The actors were wonderful and all fit their parts beautifully. Richard Armitage was beautiful. I had not seen him in anything yet, but I will be on the look out for him now. I borrowed this from the library, I was extremely fortunate that they had it. I love my library. But the next thing I want to see they do not have so I am wondering if it is okay to ask for for a baby shower (my birthday has already past and Christmas is too far, baby shower is the next thing I can ask for gifts for).
I really want to see the BBC Robin Hood series. Robin Hood - Season One (5DVD)Richard Armitage is in this as well, but I have always loved the story of Robin Hood since I was a child. It was my favorite Disney cartoon and this version was my absolute favorite show

Robin of Sherwood - Complete Series 1 (2-DVD Set) (Robin Hood and the Sorcerer / Witch of Elsdon / Seven Poor Knights From Acre / Alan a Dale / King's Fool) [ NON-USA FORMAT, PAL, Reg.0 Import - Gre
I was so depressed when it got canceled. I think I was like seven, but I was in love with Michael Praed. Anyone else seen any of these?

Labels:

8 comments:

Comment by Kristie (J) on 1/12/2008 11:08 PM

Happy Dance!! Happy Dance!! Now I get to move you from Maybe Crusader to the Crusaders list!
And I think it's perfectly appropriate to ask for it for a baby gift! After all one must keep said Mommy happy and content right?
Isn't it wonderful??? And what did you think of the final scene? Is it not one of the Most Romantic Scenes every???

I have the other two you mentioned too. I had to get Season I of the current Robin Hood after seeing North and South and I got the older Robin Hood series some time ago. I haven't watched much of it yet - I'm waiting to savour it. But oh yes, Michael Praed is ever so handsome isn't he.

Warning on the current Robin Hood. Richard Armitage plays Guy of Gisbourne - a thoroughly dastardly, yet trouble villian. And boy can he snarl with the best of them!
But - back to North and South again *g* (it always get's back to that) It even gets better on multiple viewings as you notice more and more small subtle things the more you watch it!!

Comment by Marg on 1/13/2008 12:17 AM

I just went and bought the first season of Robin Hood last night and watched the first 3 episodes today. RA does make a really good baddie, although he does need a little more screen time! LOL!!

Comment by Kris on 1/13/2008 8:22 AM

Hey kristie,
I figured you would be excited, I thought of you when I posted. I watched a YouTube thing on RA and Guy's character after watching the bedtime story on your post. I cannot wait to see the series. I LOVED that last scene in NaS, it was awesome. She certainly did get a lot of marriage proposals.
I have to return it to the library today, but there is nothing that says I cannot check it out again. :)

Hi marg,
I cannot wait to see it, I have heard good things about it, and seen a couple of clips on YouTube. I am glad that you are enjoying it.

Comment by Stacy~ on 1/13/2008 9:51 AM

Yay Kris! I'm so glad you loved it. And I'm so glad I own it so I can watch it again and again.

OMG, I loved the RH with Michael Praed. I have it on VHS somewhere. The best.

I Netflixed the one w/ Richard Armitage, so I should be getting Season 1 this week.

Comment by ~ames~ on 1/14/2008 11:06 AM

Woohoo! I'm glad you finally got to see N&S and that you enjoyed it. :P

I didn't even notice the length of the movie. LOL And I watched it in one sitting.

Anonymous on 1/16/2008 11:44 AM

kristie - so glad that you loved North & South - it is a beautiful! and so is Richard Armitage. Hope you get to see Robin Hood - its fantastic - and RA is delish in black leather

If you want to watch other things he has been in, why not drop by www.thearmitagearmy.co.uk, as this site is fantastic for info - there is also a friendly forum where you can join in the drool fest!

Comment by Kristie (J) on 1/17/2008 8:38 PM

Madnaduk: LOL - I've not only been to The Armitage Army - I joined!! Great site. And my two Co-Captain Crusaders, Sula and Katiebabs both joined as well as another Crusader.
I have Season I of Robin Hood although I haven't seen all of it yet. I'm just ANXIOUSLY waiting for Season II to be released on DVD. The sound on my computer is gone so it doesn't help much to watch the clips on YouTube :( I can't hear anything he's saying in the oh, so sexy Guy voice.

Comment by Marg on 1/18/2008 6:42 AM

I've joined as well LOL!!

Post a Comment