The Pajama Girls of Lambert Square

1/28/2008 09:00:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

The Pajama Girls of Lambert SquareThe Pajama Girls of Lambert Square by Rosina Lippi
For John Dodge, moving to new places and reviving ailing businesses is a way of life. So when he sees an ad for Scriveners, a stationery shop in a small town in South Carolina, he decides to take the plunge. As soon as he arrives in Lambert's Corner, Dodge falls happily into the whirl of gossip, gifts, and quintessential Southern hospitality. Link Kay, one of his employees, warms up to him after Dodge admires his expertise on pens. Bean Hurt-a feisty and outspoken ten-year-old-becomes a fast friend. And Maude Golden, the mayor, supplies him with indispensable information. But the one person who really catches Dodge's eye is Julia Darrow-the beautiful but aloof pajama-wearing owner of the Cocoon, a popular store specializing in luxury linens. Dodge tries to befriend her, but she remains elusive and mysterious. Everyone knows that she is a widow, but no one seems to know why she came to town or why she never leaves Lambert Square-or does she? Like Dodge, Chicago-born Julia is fleeing a tumultuous past. But with the help of a hilarious and endearing cast of characters, Julia and Dodge learn that, sometimes, you don't need to go far to find home.

Awesome book. I had a hard time putting it down to get stuff done (driving kids to practice and cooking etc.). If you read this normally you know that I love steamy books and there are not too many that I read that have little steam factor. This one has very little steam factor but that does not detract for me and it had a wonderful storyline. I loved that characters. It is a great small town romance. The dialogue and characters had me laughing out loud and sharing lines with my hubby (who just looked at me funny) and other friends who I now have to lend the book to. The only downside is that it is hardback and does not come out until Valentine's Day.

Labels:

8 comments:

Comment by Marg on 1/28/2008 9:36 PM

I can not tell you how jealous I am that you have read this already! I love Rosina's writing and can't wait to get this one!

Comment by Kris on 1/29/2008 6:58 AM

marg, I had never read her before, so this was cool, I love finding new to me authors. Only about two more weeks til it comes out.

Comment by Marg on 1/29/2008 3:15 PM

If you like Historical Fiction you really should read her Into the Wilderness Series that is published under the name Sara Donati, and her other contemporary Tied to the Tracks is good too! The only thing of Rosina's I haven't read is her first book which is called Homestead, and if I could easily find it I would definitely read it.

Comment by Stacy~ on 1/30/2008 6:22 AM

It sounds lovely, and now I'm tempted to add to the tbr pile once again. I'll have to check it out.

Comment by nath on 1/30/2008 8:21 AM

The book sounds awesome!!! NOt very steamy, but still a romance right? Me, as long as there's a love story and a HEA, I'm fine :P

Comment by Kris on 1/30/2008 1:25 PM

marg- I am looking out for her other books, thanks. :) I am glad that they are just as good.

stacy - It is really good but it is in hardback.

nath - It is definitely a romance, just closed door. Maybe with a little keyhole so you snippets of conversation occasionally. There is also an HEA so don't worry.

Comment by Jenster on 1/30/2008 1:53 PM

I haven't read her stuff. I've read all of Sara Donati's stuff, but not Rosina Lippi's stuff. I really should!

Hope all is well with you, Kris!

Jen

Comment by nath on 1/31/2008 7:23 AM

LOL, then I think I'm getting it when it comes out :) I don't mind close doors :P by the way, just double-checking... it's contemporary too right?

Post a Comment