Witchling and Changeling

7/01/2007 02:31:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

I am back!!! I had a great time at my class, I learned tons and cannot wait to apply when school starts. I also got some reading done and I know I am so backed up on my posting now but I will post about these two that I read while I was out of town. Now I have got some major blog catching up to do :)

Witchling (Sisters of the Moon, Book 1)
Witchling by Yasmine Galenorn

Changeling (Sisters of the Moon, Book 2)
Changeling by Yasmine Galenorn

This series has a little bit of everything paranormal and I am enjoying it so far

The author says this on her website about the series and I thought it was interesting...
"Yes, I know they're labeled paranormal romance, but trust me, the series is urban fantasy--the publisher decides the category they're shelved under, not the author. Yes, there are relationships in these books. Yes, they have explicit sex scenes. But they are not primarily romances, so don't expect hero/heroine relationship focus, or HEA endings, and you won't be disappointed. And no, I have never sat through an episode of Charmed and these books are not based in any way on that series--mythology abounds with triple goddess/sister archetypes." ....Yasmine Galenorn

So this kind of worries me about the end of the trilogy, but so far it is very good. The next book is called Darkling and looks good as well. I will say as a warning to others that they are told in the first person and it changes depending on the book. The first book is told from Camille's POV and Changeling is told from Delilah's POV. It is a true trilogy and cannot be read out of order. The order is ... Witchling (Camille's book, she is a witch), Changeling (Delilah's book, she is a werecat) and Darkling (Menolly's book, she is a acrobat and recently turned vampire and her book comes out in January).
Ms Galenorn's website gives a good overall description of the trilogy so I will post that as well...

Meet the D’Artigo Sisters—three half human, half-Faerie, wild and sexy members of the OIA—the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. Camille, a witch, Delilah, a werecat, and Menolly, an acrobat extraordinaire turned vampire, are sent Earthside to keep them out of trouble by their superiors, who consider the girls nothing but a bunch of bumbling half-breeds. But the girls soon find themselves smack in the middle of Demon-Central when Shadow Wing, the leader of the Subterranean Realms, decides to attempt a coup on both Earth and Otherworld.

From their home in a seedy suburb of Seattle, the sisters must use every ounce of erratic power they have to thwart the havoc about to unfold. Together with Camille's lust-crazed and not-quite-human boyfriends, an FBH (full-blood-human) detective named Chase Johnson who has a penchant for spicy beef tacos and wild women, a gorgeous hunk of dragon flesh named Smoky, Iris the house sprite, and Maggie--their baby calico gargoyle, they must use all of their collective talents to prevent the demons from taking over as the three sisters attempt to save two worlds, one monster at a time.

Labels: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment