Promises Trilogy and stuff

7/15/2007 10:56:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Well, I am back from camp and am now a home owner. Yeah!! busy times.
When I packed for camp I remembered that last year I brought three books an finished them by Tuesday and had nothing else to read. So this year I brought 5 books thinking I would be covered. No luck I finished them by Wednesday and then started re-reading. So I read Promises Keep twice. My hubby is the director for that week of camp and the only responsibility I have is to play with my kids, so this is like my vacation time. But after the kids go to bed at 8pm I am alone with no tv or internet for three hours until the hubby gets done with the campers. So I read. And I love it, but I need more books. Lots of reviews coming up.

Anyway, you know how hard it is to close on a house when you are out of town. Well that is what we did. We closed by Fed Ex. Now we have a house and are spending way too much time at Lowe's buying things to fix the house up. It is fun but stressful at times. You have all these ideas but limited budget and time. We are excited though.

The Promises Trilogy by Sarah McCarty
I loved these books. I do not have too many westerns so they are always a treat to read. These were nice and hot so that was even better. I loved the characters and had a lot of fun with them. Thank you zeek!!
The books need to be read in order because the characters visit in each book. Warning about the second book, Promises Keep, it starts out rough, but stick with it.

Promises Linger by Sarah McCarty

Elizabeth Coyote will do anything, anything at all, to save the ranch she loves, including marrying Asa MacIntyre, a broad shouldered, lean hipped silver eyed gunslinger with a ruthless reputation for getting the job done.
Asa dreams of a place of his own, a wife, and the respect that comes with both. Marrying Elizabeth may have started as a means to an end, but nothing in Asa's wildest dreams prepares him for the excitement of unleashing the carnal woman beneath his wife's prim and proper exterior.


Promises Keep by Sarah McCarty

Being kidnapped into a bordello has a way of changing a woman’s focus. On the day Mara Kincaid escapes the Pleasure Emporium, she vows to start living for herself. Rebuilding her life isn’t easy as the town isn’t fond of reformed fallen doves, but she’s a Kincaid and Kincaids are known for their stubbornness. She’s successful right up until the notorious ex-marshal Cougar McKinnley comes into town.
As big as a mountain, dark as sin, and wearing a reputation as deadly as the knife strapped to his thigh, McKinnley is a man who knows what he wants. By rights, she should be shaking in her shoes when he approaches her, but when the powerful half-breed turns his dark gold eyes on her, it isn’t fear that has Mara trembling, but rather an overwhelming desire to be the kind of woman Cougar needs to satisfy his deepest desires.


Promises Prevail by Sarah McCarty

Jenna never planned on getting married again, not only because her first husband had been a brutal monster, but because no man would want a crippled barren woman, but when fate sends her a helpless little baby to love, Jenna vows to do whatever she needs to in order to keep her daughter, even marrying Clint McKinnely. Big, dark and simmering with a deadly intensity, the exotically handsome ex marshal could put fear into the devil. He certainly strikes fear into her, but though she accepts his offer of marriage in the same practical vein it's made, Jenna soon discovers the man behind the reputation is a man like no other. A man to whom a woman could trust her heart.
Clint McKinnely is a man made hard by life, burned out by the choices he's made, looking for a reason to go on. He finds one in Jenna Hennessy. Lushly plump, sweet and shy, innocent in ways that have nothing to do with inexperience, she calls to him on the deepest levels. Still, he never would have touched her except for the vagaries of fate. When the town fathers threaten to take away the daughter she loves, Clint steps forward. While he can't offer Jenna love, he can offer her a home in which to raise the baby and the child the protection that comes with being a McKinnely. Having Jenna and Brianna in his home brings Clint a peace and satisfaction he's never known before, but even as he ferrets out the secrets that haunt Jenna's nightmares, Clint keeps his own close to his chest, knowing this is temporary, because even though Jenna is a woman with an incredibly generous heart, there are just some sins a woman can't be expected to forgive.

Labels:

4 comments:

Comment by reviewer on 7/16/2007 9:59 AM

I have this series, but so far I have only read the first one. I liked it, too.

Comment by Kris on 7/16/2007 1:39 PM

Just a warning, the second book starts out a little rough because she is in a brothel and drugged, but he does not know that she is there against her will. He has sex with her and then finds out that she was drugged and there against her will. It is very good, but the beginning turned me off at first and I was not sure if I was going to finish it, but I am glad that I did.

Comment by Jenster on 7/16/2007 6:26 PM

Congrats on the house! We closed on our house via FedEx, too. Weird.

Comment by Stacy~ on 7/17/2007 7:04 AM

I have these books and enjoyed them, though I agree about the one where the heroine is drugged - it was rather off-putting and I didn't want to continue reading it, but I stuck with it and loved it after that. These are grittier stories, not light and fluffy at all, and I think that's what made them work so well.

Post a Comment