Betrayed

4/02/2008 05:49:00 AM / Posted by Kris /


Betrayed (House of Night, Book 2)
Betrayed (House of Night Book 2) by PC and Kristin Cast
Fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird has managed to settle in at the House of Night.She's come to terms with the vast powers the vampyre goddess, Nyx, has given her, and is getting a handle on being the new Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all, Zoey finally feels like she belongs--like she really fits in. She actually has a boyfriend...or two. Then the unthinkable happens: Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey's old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the courage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardize the very fabric of her world.

The plot thickens in this one. I am so enjoying this series (the first book is Marked). The latest book is out (Chosen) and I am waiting for it from the library. (No money to buy right now.) Apparently the people who currently have it read very slowly. It is driving me crazy, I am very impatient and a fast reader. I finished this one in a 24 hour period. So I want the next one NOW, okay I will stop whining. In this book her old life and new life collide in people that she knew are getting killed and she meets up with Heath again. She learns some interesting things about Aphrodite and there are some major plot twists. If you have not read these and are interested in them, they must be read in order.
I am on a young adult book kick or something. I have another one to review about and I just ordered another YA book, that I have heard good things about. There are just some really good paranormal YA books out there now.

Labels: , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous on 4/02/2008 4:38 AM

All the best books that I have read lately seem to be YA. I am really looking forward to getting to this series, all the reviews have been great. Oh and did I tell you I love your avatar? The Last Unicorn was (and still is) my favourite film growing up. We used to rent it every week and I was so excited when I finally found the book.

Comment by Stacy~ on 4/02/2008 6:41 AM

I have these first two books and I just have to be in a YA mood to read them. They sound great. Thanx for the reminder.

Comment by nath on 4/02/2008 7:29 AM

Hmmm, these sound great :) I think i'm going to give it a try...

Comment by Kris on 4/02/2008 10:52 AM

Hey rhinoa,
I loved the Last Unicorn. I had a huge unicorn fascination growing up. I recently found a copy of the book that my library was selling so i grabbed it.

stacy,
definitely pick them up when you are in a YA mood. Even if you are simply in a paranormal mood.

Hey nath!!
I am enjoying them a lot.

Comment by Unknown on 1/20/2009 5:46 PM

Oooh I like this series too! It really keeps a reader hooked. I can't wait for Hunted to come out!!

Post a Comment