Wild Borders and Tangled Sheets

4/20/2008 09:36:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Wild: Wild BordersWild Borders by Cheyenne McCray
After a bitter divorce, reporter Lani Stanton has erected a border around her heart too strong for any man to cross. She's not ready for a relationship of any kind with any man. But when Lani meets Rick she can think of nothing but being in his powerful arms and in his bed.
Intelligence Agent Rick McAllister is hot on the trail of a notorious smuggler when the sensual blonde reporter comes into his life. Once he gets a hold of Lani, nothing will stop Rick from crossing her borders and winning her heart.
Rick puts his life on the line to track down a murderous smuggler, and he puts his heart on the line to win the woman who belongs in his life forever.

I am realizing that I need to write down my thoughts a lot sooner after i read it. I remember that i liked it but I can no longer remember details. Or maybe that says more about the book, the fact that I cannot remember it. I remember liking how much research went into this book and the details about the Border patrol. I found that interesting. So I will say that this was a nice story but apparently not very memorable.



O'Malley Wild: Tangled SheetsTangled Sheets (O'Malley Wild Books 3 & 4) by Maggie Casper
Hayden's Hellion By Maggie Casper The third in the O'Malley Wild series. A bad relationship with a money-hungry woman has left Hayden O'Malley disillusioned and untrusting. An old-fashioned cowboy used to meek, biddable women, Hayden's legendary patience is tested when he rescues Austin Calhoun. She's been given an ultimatum by the town's judge either get a real job or spend thirty days in jail. Apparently hosting sex-toy parties is NOT a real job. From her seductive clothing to her wicked reputation, Austin is everything Hayden isn't looking for in a woman, but she's the only one he can't get out of his head. Her unruly ways have gotten Austin into her share of trouble. The problem is, it seems as though every time she finds herself knee-deep, Hayden is there to set her straight. Why he thinks he has to do it with her face-down over his lap, Austin will never understand. Tired of being taken lightly, Austin is determined to get Hayden to see her as the woman she has become instead of the wild child she was. With love on her side, Austin's ready to prove she's more than just Hayden's Hellion.
Tying the Knot
By Maggie Casper Book four in the O'Malley Wild series. Those Wild O'Malley boys are at it again. From rough and rugged rancher Hayden, to larger than life pub owner Sean, all the way down to the baby of the family, polished and shined Zane, the only thing these brothers have in common besides wicked hazel eyes and an eagerness to love their women is a wedding. At the culmination of the O'Malley Wild series, join the O'Malley boys on their triple wedding day at the Big O Ranch...and more enjoyably, their individual wedding nights. Nothing is too wild for an O'Malley.


I have not read Books 1 or 2 but these were very HOT and nice enough that I really think I need to go find them. The series is about three brothers and all are into D/s. So you have some very Alpha males here.
The third story (the one that read) is about the oldest brother Hayden. He is very much about appearances and Austin likes her style of dress and is happy with her life/career choices.
One problem that I had that was hard to get over was while he was still in denial of his attraction to her. To dissuade her crush on him he invites another woman over and makes sure that Austin finds them in a compromising position (she was in the process of giving him a bj). It was just such a crappy thing to do to her that I had a very hard time forgiving him. I really enjoyed the heroine's character. She was a lot of fun.
The fourth and final story in the series was actually the wedding of all three brothers. I know I would have liked it even more if I had read the other two books but I still liked it. I got a glimpse of the other brothers and wives and their relationships and what each of them were into. But I could tell there were some things I was missing since I had not read the first two books.

Labels:

2 comments:

Comment by nath on 4/21/2008 7:52 AM

Interesting... so the author wraps it all up together in one last book? So you get to see 3 POV/storylines in one?

both books sound interesting :P e-books only?

Comment by Kris on 4/21/2008 8:09 AM

hey nath,
Yes the last book you get all the relationships POV which I thought was kind of cool. And you got to see the final wedding and reception as opposed to just knowing that it will happen eventually. Usually our books end at the proposal.
I read both in print fro Ellora's Cave but they are also available in e-book as well.

Post a Comment