Take Me If You Can

4/11/2008 07:45:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Take Me If You Can (Signet Eclipse)Take Me If You Can (Take Me series Book 1) by Karen Kendall

For art recovery agent Avy Hunt, no task is too risky when it comes to rescuing stolen treasures. Her latest mission is to locate the multi-million dollar Sword of Alexander, believed to be in the possession of master thief Sir Liam James. But there is far more to this heist than meets the eye, and what Avy doesn’t know can definitely hurt her. In hot pursuit of the sword, Avy crosses the Atlantic to keep charming, sexy Liam under surveillance—only to find that he has been trailing her. It’s hard to focus on the prize when they’re both overwhelmed by sexual tension. Now Avy is going to have to make the toughest choice of her career: Get her hands on the sword, or take her chances with a thief.

This was a fun action contemporary. I would not say it was awesome but it was fun. The characters were a lot of fun to follow. I loved their banter, and it was not excessive (see this post). When I read the back I immediately was picturing the movie The Thomas Crown Affair. But this one was hotter and more of a combination of Entrapment and the Thomas Crown Affair. And it had some similar elements so if you enjoyed those movies you will probably like this book. I believe this is a first in a trilogy. Avy's co-worker/intern (Gwen) is the heroine for the next book.

Labels: ,

3 comments:

Anonymous on 4/12/2008 2:01 PM

Thanks for a great site and wonderful book recommendations! I'm 26 year-old theology student from Finland and someday I'll work as a teacher. You can read my book blog at www.maijapohjalainen.com -> Uusi kirjablogi (= New book blog). Unfortunately my own opinions are in Finnish, but you're able to read back covers from books. I usually read (historical or paranormal) romance books in English.

Best wishes, Maija
chayanna82(at)hotmail.com

Comment by Kris on 4/12/2008 3:22 PM

Thanks for stopping by, I will visit. maybe I can find a translation site.

Comment by Stacy~ on 4/15/2008 6:55 AM

Sounds intriguing Kris. I'll have to check it out - I've never read anything by Karen Kendall.

Post a Comment