Bad Boys in Kilts

4/25/2006 09:20:00 AM / Posted by Kris /

Bad boys in Kilts by Donna Kauffman

This book was great. It was three stories about 3 brothers (there is a fourth brother but I don't think he has a story yet) in a little village called Glenbouie in the highlands of Scotland. The stories were great. As always with anthologies I wanted them to last longer, but the characters were great and made me laugh.
The first story is about Brodie (who runs the local pub and "hotspot", Hagg's Pub) and his childhood companion and best friend, Kat (who is a mechanic, I thought that was cool). Kat has loved him for years and Brodie finally gets a clue.
The second story is about Reece (who runs the family whiskey distillery) and Daisy (who is an American just moved here to find a slower paced lifestyle). Daisy is a marketing expert who goes to Reece to offer her services and the sparks fly when they meet.
The third story is Tristan (a shepherd and land manager for the family lands). Bree is an Midwestern American who is searching for privacy from the press after writing a bestselling book. She crashes her car by Tristans house and tristan offers her sanctuary.

Labels:

2 comments:

Comment by Mike Mazzo on 4/25/2006 10:38 AM

If you've been to my blog than you know I love the whole guys in kilts thing. Saw these books on the web a week or two ago and they look veeeery interesting. Thanks for the review. I may have to order them and then put them in my TBR stack which is growing since I've been trying to write. Then, in August when my cakes are done I can reward myself with days and days filled with nothing but blissful naps and exciting reads.

Comment by Kris on 4/25/2006 12:56 PM

Well unfortunately none of them wear kilts in the stories, but they have that wonderful scottish brogue. I love accents.

Post a Comment