Sword of Darkness

4/22/2006 02:27:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Sword of Darkness by Kinley MacGregor

This is her first book in the Lords of Avalon series. It seems to be more of a Sherrilyn Kenyon book to me, but that doesn't really matter. I enjoyed this book a lot. It kept me interested and made me care about the characters. I can't wait to read the rest of the books now. Kerrigan is a great bad good guy. (if you can follow that) Seren shows him goodness for the first time in his life and it changes him. Now in real life I don't think this would work, but it is a good goal to have as long as you don't loose yourself in the process.

The story takes place in Camelot with a heavy magic twist. It is actually like a couple hundred years after Arthur took the throne. But the fight continues between good and evil in the shape of the left over Knights of the Round Table and Merlin (who is a woman), and the bad guys Morgan (Morgana) and her champion, the Kerrigan. Kerrigan kidnaps Seren who is supposed to be the mother of the next Penmerlin (takes the place of the current Merlin to let her retire). During her imprisonment he sees how pure she is and falls for her, though he won't admit it. The problem is that he is supposed to kill her and if he doesn't, Morgan will.

Labels: , ,

1 comments:

Comment by Mike Mazzo on 4/24/2006 5:02 PM

I have this in my TBR stack. Hope to get to it soon.

Post a Comment