Scandal in Spring

8/24/2006 06:12:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Scandal in Spring (Wallflower Quartet) Scandal in Spring by Lisa Kleypas
I enjoyed this latest installment of the Wallflower girls (Secrets of a Summer Night, It Happened One Autumn, Devil in Winter and this one) . I had heard good and bad about this book, but the most I heard about it was about Lillian in the book, and not the main characters of Matt and Daisy. I thought Lillian's character was just Lillian. Daisy is growing up and might leave her, she is pregnant, miserable and about to pop, so yes she is going to be against anyone Daisy likes at that point. Unless it is someone she knows can be controlled and will stay in the area. Matt does not fit the bill. I really liked this series and cannot wait for Cam's book, A Man For All Seasons, but I have no idea when she is going to get around to writing it.

After spending three London seasons searching for a husband, Daisy Bowman's father has told her in no uncertain terms that she must find a husband. Now. And if Daisy can't snare an appropriate suitor, she will marry the man he chooses-the ruthless and aloof Matthew Swift.
Daisy is horrified. A Bowman never admits defeat, and she decides to do whatever it takes to marry someone . . . anyone . . . other than Matthew. But she doesn't count on Matthew's unexpected charm . . . or the blazing sensuality that soon flares beyond both their control. And Daisy discovers that the man she has always hated just might turn out to be the man of her dreams.
But right at the moment of sweet surrender, a scandalous secret is uncovered . . . one that could destroy both Matthew and a love more passionate and irresistible than Daisy's wildest fantasies.

Labels:

1 comments:

Comment by Jenster on 8/26/2006 5:53 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, too. Lillian was a bit "Lillian", as you put it. And like you say, she was not a happy pregnant lady. lol

"Devil in Winter" remains my favorite of the series, but I think this ran a close second. I really liked Daisy's swing from despising Matthew to loving him.

I'm looking forward to Cam's story, too. She can't write quite fast enough!

Jen

Post a Comment