Be Mine Tonight

5/07/2007 05:32:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Be Mine TonightBe Mine Tonight by Kathryn Smith
I kept hearing great reviews about Night of the Huntress which is the second book in this series and then realized that I had the first book in the series sitting in my tbr pile. (I also realized later that this was the same author who wrote Game of Scandal and I enjoyed that book very much). So I moved it up. It was interesting. I enjoyed it. The heroine was a bluestocking but unique to me in that she was dying and looking for possibilities to make her life a little longer. It takes place in 1899 Cornwall, England and Pru has cancer so she thinks that finding the Holy Grail and drinking from it will heal her, so that has become her goal. This was a great story you had that inner struggle of the vampire trying to figure out if he was good or evil and what his standing was with God. Plus a great love story. I very much recommend this book, and I cannot wait to read the next one.

I am called Chapel . . .
For nearly six centuries I have roamed the night, a mortal man no longer. Would that I could undo the past -- when I entered the sanctuary of the Knights Templar to wrest from them the Holy Grail, only to discover the chalice I raised to my lips was not the sacred relic but a hellish cup of damnation. Now I shun the day and all things human, driven by an ungodly thirst. And yet...
Never have I known a maiden the like of Prudence Ryland, whose beauty and spirit awaken a heart I feared long cold and dead. But her young life is slipping away, and she also seeks the deliverance of the Grail -- unaware that the cost of her search could be her soul. I must help Prudence, for in six hundred years, no other woman has stirred my passions so. But dare I tender to my beloved that which she most desires -- the sensuous "gift" of forever that is both rapture and a curse: my immortal kiss?

Labels: , ,

4 comments:

Comment by Chantal on 5/07/2007 7:56 PM

Ohhh, I'm so glad you liked it. I'm eager to read it.

Game of Scandal is one of my favourite historicals.

Did you know that the author is Canadian? I love that.

Comment by Kathryn S on 5/07/2007 8:20 PM

Thanks Kris! And thanks Chantal. Yes, I am Canadian, but living in Connecticut for the last couple of years as my hubby got a new job.

Kris, I hope you enjoy Night of the Huntress as well. And Taken by the Night (Saint's book) is due out the end of October. Happy reading!

Comment by Stacy~ on 5/07/2007 9:13 PM

I've seen this book and it's had me curious but then I think "another vamp book"? I do admit to liking the premise though. What the heck, I'll add to my list, which is pretty sparce right now anyways....

Comment by Kris on 5/07/2007 9:17 PM

Chantal- Yes, I really enjoyed it, I think you will too. Did not know she was Canadian but that is cool.

Kathryn- Thanks for stopping by. I have really enjoyed your books and cannot wait to read the next ones.

Stacy- I would. if i didn't have it already and enjoyed historical paranormal.

Post a Comment