little known favorites favorites meme and stuff

5/23/2007 04:41:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Yea. I just got back from a side trip to the library on my way home. Score!! They were having a BOGO on their romance used books. So I got 8 books for TWO Dollars!!!!! (I would have gotten more but all I had in my pocket was two bucks and the hubby said I could not buy anything until payday.) But in the stacks were Sharon Shinn's first (?) five book in her Samaria series. So I got Archangel, Jovah's Angel, The Alleluia Files, Angelica and Angel-Seeker. I have heard good things about this series so I was very excited. The other three that I got were Touch Me by Lucy Monroe, The Wilde Side by Janelle Denison and The Love of a Lawman by Anna Jeffrey.

I got tagged by nath to list my three not so familiar favorite books
Rules: List and describe three of your favorite books that other people might not be familiar with. Then tag five people. See, easy!

This took a lot of thought but was fun to look through past reads. I will go with ...
The PrincessThe Princess by Lori Wick

In the Land of Pendaran, Shelby Parker lives a humble but good life. Her special qualities are eventually noticed by the king and queen of the House of Markham, who seek a new wife for their widowed son, Prince Nikolai.

To uphold the tradition of their country, Shelby and Nikolai agree to an arranged marriage. But while Nikolai is a perfect gentleman in public, he remains distant at home, leaving Shelby to wonder what is in his heart. Will the prince ever love her as he did his first wife? Can the faith they share overcome the barriers between them?

Beautiful Dreamer
Beautiful Dreamer by Elizabeth Lowell ( I am sure this is not very unknown, but it is one of my favs)

Nevada's rugged, majestic beauty is a balm for the aches of Hope Gardener's heart. But the ranch she loves is dying of thirst, thanks to the worst drought the area has ever seen, Hope needs a miracle -- and one day it comes to the Valley of the Sun.
A man out of time, Rio is an anachronism in the modern-day West, bringing with him a reputation for finding water in any desert. Hope has no choice but to trust this dark stranger who claims to make dreams real. And Rio, who has never had a dream of his own to follow, has found something in this extraordinary lady whose passion tempts him to defy his own rules.In the midst of adversity, two free spirits must now explore the most closely guarded corners of their hearts...as they search for a beautiful dream big enough to hold them both.

Sleeping with Beauty (Bantam Book)Sleeping with Beauty by Donna Kauffman (hey, it is a nerd book and a friends to lovers book, two things I love)

At twenty-eight, elementary-school teacher Lucy Harper still feels more like a wallflower than the sex goddess she knows is trapped inside her. In fact, she can barely remember the last time she actually had sex. She claims she’s content with her life, but she doesn’t even realize she’s slipping into a coma–a sex coma, that is. Until It arrives: the invitation to her ten-year high school reunion.
Lucy’s childhood pals Jana and Grady are baffled by her decision to attend. But they’ve managed to put geek-hood behind them. This may be Lucy’s last chance to lose her loser reputation and knock her ex-classmates’ socks off–thanks to the modern-day fairy godmothers at Glass Slipper, Inc. For a not-so-small fee, they promise to bring out the princess in any woman. If only Lucy’s friends were more supportive, especially Grady. After all, he loves her like a sister. Doesn’t he?
Soon Lucy is under the scrutiny of eccentric self-made diva Vivian dePalma. And the diagnosis is dour: Lucy has slipped into the final stage of Sleeping Beauty Syndrome–meaning her love life is near death. Can Vivian rouse her in time for the reunion? And will a kiss from her teen crush really be enough to awaken her? For Lucy hasn’t quite opened her eyes to one important truth: the soul mate she’s been dreaming of has never left her side.

I cannot think of anyone who has not been tagged yet, so I will do the general "I tag anyone who has not been tagged yet".

Labels:

4 comments:

Comment by Jenster on 5/23/2007 5:48 PM

OMG! The Princess was my very first inspirational EVER! I still have it and read it every now and again. lol

Anonymous on 5/23/2007 10:59 PM

hey Kris :D The Princess sounds good!! :D and so does Sleeping with the beast :D will be looking out for them :D

Comment by nath on 5/23/2007 11:00 PM

hmmm, that was me up there Kris :P

Comment by Stacy~ on 5/27/2007 10:51 AM

I read Sleeping with Beauty, and I just adored Grady - how could you not? I think I might need to pull this one out for a re-read....

Post a Comment