Nobody's Baby but Mine and Seduction by Chocolate

5/02/2007 07:06:00 PM / Posted by Kris /


Nobody's Baby But Mine
Nobody's Baby but Mine by Susan Elizabeth Philips
I liked this one a lot better than the others (It Had to be You and Heaven, TX). It did not take me as long to get into it. The only that I wish was different about it is that I wish there had been more mentioned about her homelife as a child. Maybe I missed it but I don't remember it being mentioned that much, and for it to have as much affect on her as it did, I wanted to see more of it.

The Plan
Genius physics professor Dr, Jane Darlington desperately wants a baby. But finding a father won't be easy. Jane's super-intelligence made her feel like a freak when she was growing up, and she's determined to spare her own child that suffering. Which means she must find someone very special to father her child. Someone . . . well . . stupid.

The Target
Cal Bonner, the Chicago Stars' legendary quarterback, seems like the perfect choice. But his champion good looks and down-home ways are deceiving. Dr. Jane learns too late that this good ol'boy is a lot smarter than he lets on -- and he's not about to be used and abandoned by a brainy baby-mad schemer.

The Explosion
A brillant, lonely woman who dreams only of motherhood . . . A take no-prisoners tough guy who'll settle for nothing less than surrender . . . Can passion and physical attraction propel two strong-willed yet vulnerable people to a totally unexpected love?




Seduction by Chocolate (Leisure Romance)
Seduction by Chocolate anthology by Thea Devine, Penelope Neri, Lisa Cach and Nina Bangs
This was a nice quick read. I enjoyed it. I like to do anthologies as a break from whatever book I am reading at the time. If I am getting a little bored or need a brief change of pace I read a story in an anthology. I think my favorite in this book was a tie between Sweet Sin and Meltdown.

Since you know I do not like writing sumaries and the book description was not posted at Amazon I borrowed this from one of the reviews posted by Harriet Klausner.

"Sweet Sin" by Nina Bangs. Matt Davis persuades his partner Ann Hawkins to make a statue out of chocolate of a naked man for a bachelorette party they cater. Ann agrees only if Matt is the subject.

"Eliza's Gateau" by Lisa Cach. In Brussels, sophisticated restaurateur Sebastian St. Germain notices the pretty naive American female traveling by herself with too much baggage. Eliza Mandish on a European trip sees the stylish Sebastian and knows he is out of her league.

"Meltdown" by Thea Devine. Event planners Donna Cavalero and Jessica Demont work extra hard to insure that the political fundraiser for Matt Greer is a success. However, both females learn that measuring success may not be in the amount of money raised, but in the respective hunk they desire.

"Seducing Sydnee" by Penelope Neri. Agricultural engineer Sydnee Frost travels to Costa Rica to help Cord Westridge save what is left of his cocoa plants. Upon meeting Cord, Sydnee wonders who can save her heart.

These four tales of SEDUCTION BY CHOCOLATE are delicious reprint of a 2000 anthology starring likable lead characters who understand death by sex and chocolate (you will not believe some of the applications that sound sinfully sweet and salty).

Harriet Klausner

Labels:

2 comments:

Comment by Nicole on 5/02/2007 10:34 PM

See I told you you'd like NBBM! I read it so long ago though that I don't remember the home life thing. I'll have to do a reread. But like I told someone else, all that will have to wait till I move and unpack my books. Uggg.

Comment by nath on 5/03/2007 2:07 PM

Oh, I read Nobody's Baby but Mine.. my first SEP... thought it was okay... although this cover is much prettier than the one i had LOL

Post a Comment