The Harlequin

6/08/2007 01:28:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

I am jumping ahead of some other posts and doing my latest read,

The Harlequin (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 15)The Harlequin (Anita Blake Book 15) by Laurell K. Hamilton
I enjoyed this one much more than the last book. The previous book, Danse Macabre, just had way too much sex in it and too little story line. This one was much different. I can only remember like two scenes and there was much more story to it. So this one is much better than the last couple books. If you read the series and weren't sure if you were going to pick this up, reconsider, it was very good (or at least check it out from the library until it comes out in paperback like I did/am doing).

Anita Blake is about to face the challenge of her life. Into her world-a world already overflowing with power-have come creatures so feared that powerful, centuries-old vampires refuse to mention their names. It is forbidden to speak of The Harlequin unless you've been contacted. And to be contacted by The Harlequin is to be under sentence of death.
Long-time rivals for Anita's affections, Jean-Claude, Master Vampire of the City, and Richard, alpha-werewolf, will need to become allies. Shapeshifters Nathaniel and Micah will have to step up their support. And then there's Edward. In this situation, Anita knows that she needs to call the one man who has always been there for her...

Labels: , , ,

2 comments:

Comment by Mailyn on 6/09/2007 7:58 AM

Hey I see you are from Florida! So am I! :-)

Oh and thanks for linking Twisted Kingdom!

Comment by ~ames~ on 6/10/2007 10:34 PM

UGH! You just had to say it was different from past books. LOL I already have this requested from the library, but I'm like 30 down the list. But that's ok...LKH is my literary crack. hehe

Post a Comment