Kiss of Fire

2/24/2008 05:22:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Well, the goal this week is to purge my drafts in my posts. I have about 8 books that I have started posts for but have not finished and posted. I went to the docs on Thursday and got the hear the heartbeat again. They are making an appointment for an ultrasound for me so I can find out what I am having (if the baby cooperates). Gotta go, off to do more laundry, yuck. Hope everyone has a great week.


Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire, Book 1)Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire Book 1) by Deborah Cooke
For millennia, the shape-shifting dragon warriors known as the Pyr have commanded the four elements and guarded the earth's treasures. But now the final reckoning between the Pyr, who count humans among the earth's treasures, and the Slayers, who would eradicate both humans and the Pyr who protect them, is about to begin...
When Sara Keegan decides to settle down and run her quirky aunt's New Age bookstore, she's not looking for adventure. She doesn't believe in fate or the magic of the tarot-but when she's saved from a vicious attack by a man who has the ability to turn into a fire-breathing dragon, she questions whether she's losing her mind-or about to lose her heart...
Quinn Tyrrell has long been distrustful of his fellow Pyr and a self-reliant loner. So when he feels the firestorm that signals his destined mate, he's determined to protect and possess Sara, regardless of the cost to himself. Then Sara's true destiny is revealed-and Quinn realizes he must risk everything- even Sara's love-to fulfill their entwined fates...

I will admit the reason I was so interested in reading this book initially was the cover. THe book was very good, I enjoyed it a lot.

Labels: , ,

5 comments:

Comment by nath on 2/26/2008 7:37 AM

i have this book and started to read it, but I didn't feel it. Is it slow to begin?

Comment by ~ames~ on 2/26/2008 9:09 PM

Hmm...I've seen other so-so reviews, so I didn't buy it. We'll see. LOL

Comment by nath on 2/27/2008 8:14 AM

What, Ames, you didn't buy it? I bought it mainly because of you!!!

Comment by Kris on 2/27/2008 4:14 PM

nath-
I think I remember it did take me little to get into it, but I did enjoy it.

ames-
I lucked out, I borrowed it from a friend.

Comment by ~ames~ on 2/27/2008 8:01 PM

Sorry 'bout that!! I didn't buy it that one day because I was buying so many other books and I had to make a sacrifice, especially considering the reviews. :P

Post a Comment