Thunder Moon

2/19/2008 10:13:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Thunder Moon (A Nightcreature Novel, Book 8)Thunder Moon (Nightcreature Novel Book 8) by Lori Handeland
Practical, skeptical Grace McDaniel was not looking for romance. The Sheriff of Lake Bluff, Georgia, and the granddaughter of a Cherokee doctor, Grace's hands are full with the daily trouble of small-town life. Arriving in the wake of a freak storm is Ian Walker, a mysterious stranger who blends modern medicine and traditional Native American cures. Even though she is wary of his ideas, Grace cannot resist what his touch awakens in her. But Ian is hiding a terrifying secret. And only he knows the truth about a creature stalking the citizens of Lake Bluff. A creature who preys on the dying...and then on the young, the living, the vibrant...Now, to save her people, Grace must put her faith in Ian's haunting power and succumb to her wildest passions-before the rumble of thunder fills the air, and a relentless evil strikes again...

It took me a minute to place the characters. She was the best friend of the heroine, Claire, in Hidden Moon. This one was different in that there were no werewolves or shape-shifters, but they were dealing with a Native American bad guy/spirit. I enjoyed the book. I have read the rest of the series with the exception of Midnight Moon (which I have but have not read yet) and have enjoyed the series. This is one that I liked reading but will probably not buy. It was a good read and different with the Native American spirit bad guy, but not a keeper for me.

Labels: ,

2 comments:

Comment by nath on 2/22/2008 8:02 AM

I've read one or two books in this series and I didn't really enjoy it. I don't know, I think it's the Native American aspect... :(

Comment by Kris on 2/22/2008 11:05 AM

I know. I was collecting them, but thinking about it recently and not sure if I would ever re-read them. So wondering if I should keep them or trade them in at my ubs for something else.

Post a Comment