Tied to the Tracks

2/27/2008 07:29:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Tied to the TracksTied to the Tracks by Rosina Lippi

Angie Mangiamele runs a film company in Hoboken, New Jersey-a long way (in more ways than one) from Ogilvie, Georgia. But a new project has brought her to this small Southern town, where she stands out like a fire truck in a flower garden. She's been invited to Ogilvie by Miss Zula Bragg, the intensely private literary legend who's agreed to appear in a documentary made by Angie's highly unconventional crew. And there's someone else in own Angie looks forward to seeing: John Grant, a descendant of Ogilvie's founders with whom she had a long-ago summer romance. But John's wedding-to the daughter of a prominent local family-is just days away, and promises to be the sleepy town's social event of the year.


Ms Lippi gave this to me to go with my new LibraryThing membership. I was excited to get it. I loved The Pajama Girls and could not wait to read this one. This one was good, but I still like the Pajama Girls much more. I did not connect as much with the characters of this one. It also bugged me a little because it seemed that everyone was "coming out of the closet" in the book. The characters were very charming and very stereotypical Southern. I am glad that I read it, but I definitely liked Pajama Girls better.

Labels:

4 comments:

Comment by Jenster on 2/27/2008 10:22 PM

I've read all of Sara Donati's books, but have yet to read a Rosina Lippi book. I think I'll start with The Pajama Girls.

Comment by Kris on 2/28/2008 6:40 AM

jen -
I have not read her Sara Donati books, which one would you suggest first?
I think that you would like the Pajama Girls book.

Comment by Marg on 2/28/2008 2:58 PM

Kris, the Sara Donati books are a series, so I would start at the beginning with Into the Wilderness.

I really enjoyed Tied to the Tracks, so I am now looking forward to Pajama Girls even more!

Comment by Jenster on 2/28/2008 7:32 PM

Yeah. What marg said. lol

Post a Comment