Mine to Possess

2/04/2008 04:07:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Well, I had about 4 other books I was supposed to post about first but this one could not wait. I bought it yesterday and finished it bright and early at work this morning.
In other news, the pregnancy is going well. Just an major case of allergies from oak pollen, so I am very stuffy and not happy. Have had not news about the biopsy. I called the doctor's office and they could not find the results so said they had not gotten them yet. I go in tomorrow for my follow up exam so should know something tomorrow.
On with the book...


Mine to Possess (Psy-Changelings, Book 4)
Mine to Possess (Psy-Changelings Book 4) by Nalini Singh
Clay Bennett is a powerful DarkRiver sentinel, but he grew up in the slums with his human mother, never knowing his changeling father. As a young boy without the bonds of Pack, he tried to stifle his animal nature. He failed...and committed the most extreme act of violence, killing a man and losing his best friend, Talin, in the bloody aftermath. Everything good in him died the day he was told that she, too, was dead.
Talin McKade barely survived a childhood drenched in bloodshed and terror. Now a new nightmare is stalking her life--the street children she works to protect are disappearing and turning up dead. Determined to keep them safe, she unlocks the darkest secret in her heart and returns to ask the help of the strongest man she knows...
Clay lost Talin once. He will not let her go again, his hunger to possess her, a clawing need born of the leopard within. As they race to save the innocent, Clay and Talin must face the violent truths of their past...or lose everything that ever mattered.

I loved this book. It is an awesome addition to the series. It moves the series along and has some great characters. I have been wanting Clay's story for the longest time. Gotta love those silent killer types. Tally was a good match for him. My only wish is that Tally had given it up a little sooner. But I was still happy with the story. Great storyline.

If you have not read this series, you are missing out. The order of the books are Slave to Sensation, Visions of Heat, Caressed by Ice (read during internet hiatus) and this one. There is also a short story in the anthology An Enchanted Season called "Beat of Temptation" that is about when Nate and Tamlin got together. It goes a little back in history so you get to see a lot of the characters when they were teenagers.

Labels: ,

1 comments:

Comment by nath on 2/05/2008 8:18 AM

hey Kris :D

I'm glad you enjoyed the book as much as you did :) I thought it was good, but something was missing for me. It didn't have the omph factor. I enjoyed Clay and Talin, but something was just off... I think it was their ages... I don't know if Talin could have such a deep connection to Clay at the age of 8. Anyway, I did enjoy this book and I'm glad you did :)

Post a Comment