He Loves Lucy

5/23/2006 10:54:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

He Loves Lucy

He Loves Lucy by Susan Donovan

After I read Knock Me Off My Feet I went to my library to see if they had anything else by her and I found He Loves Lucy. As far as I can tell KMOMF (2002) was her first book and this one came out last year. I am working on getting the others now. But they are not related to one another so you can read them in any order. This book was funny and I could totally relate to her food cravings. This one was great as well and now I am off to find another one by her.


The story is about Lucy Cunningham, a marketing exec who is good at what she does. She decides that to promote her new account of the Palm Club (a gym) she is challenged to lose 100 lbs in one year. Her boss and the gym are going to pay her and her trainer $1,000 for every pound she loses. She gets weighed in every month on television on a Miami morning show. Her trainer is Theo Redmond, a Ken doll look-a-like who is not as shallow as he appears. He takes care of his down syndrome brother, Buddy (who is awesome), is his brother's coach and big advocate of the Special Olympics and is studying to get back into med school. Busy guy. The book is a hilarious roller coaster ride of their relationship during this year long endeaver.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment