Second Sight

5/11/2006 03:33:00 PM / Posted by Kris /

Second Sight by Amanda Quick

This was pretty good. I liked the paranormal aspect of it during the time period. The characters were pretty good. I loved the h's little brother Edward, he was great. A very forthright 9 year old. I liked the suspense aspect, did not suspect the villan. I thought it was a pretty good book, I am glad that I checked it out, but I am not sure if I would buy it.
In the story Photographer, Venetia Milton (sees auras) goes to a remote estate to photograph some relics for the Arcane Society (a very hush hush group). There she meets Gabriel Jones (can sense emotions surrounding objects) who found the relics and is studying them. While there they are drawn together and abuptly separated when two thieves break into the estate. Now she is hustled away and later reads in the paper that Gabriel has died in a fire at the estate. Venetia is saddened, but life goes on. To open her photography gallery she poses as a widow under the name, Venetia Jones (yes Gabriel's name). Then her life gets all upheaved when Gabriel appears alive and well three months later, and apparently married to her.
That starts the story as try to figure out together who is trying to steal the relics he found and willing to kill for them, and what Venetia and Gabriel's relationship will be.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment